Here are a few updates and some information you might be interested in:
- It is Socktober! If you would like to, we are accepting donations of NEW socks for the homeless. We have quite a few pairs so far, but we could always use some more.
- This Friday is our first field trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium! We have five drivers who have volunteered to drive and we are all set. It should be a lot of fun and I hope to share some pictures in the future.
- The kids have finished writing personal narratives and they should be coming home this Thursday. Please read them with your kids and take a look at the rough drafts and yellow note I attached to get a better idea of the process kids went through to complete the project. Feel free to take a look at the digital versions and make any adjustments, if you like.
- There has been a lot of interest in science of late and I encourage you all to take a look at the lessons, as I have posted them on the Google Classroom. The links will run out soon so let me know if they are no longer active.
- Speaking of science, kids will have a science quiz on Thursday of this week, due to the field trip on Friday.
- We have begin to talk about text structures this week as we begin a non-fiction unit. Take a look at this fun video to review/preview the five different text structures we are studying.
- The big math skill we are working on right now is double-digit multiplication. Check out the "multiplication and division" section of my math videos for some cool strategies and explanations.
- Halloween Parade will be 8:30 next Wednesday. You are welcome to attend!
Hope all is well!